A mesmerizing mosaic pattern fans out boldly across the surface of this cozy shawl in two sizes (petite/tall) with wavelike rhythm. Work in a two-color palette for super-defined contrast or mix a solid with a gradient for more subtle, ever-changing effects. Deceptively simple to work, using just one color per row, the garter-based motif is easily memorized and the shaping is simple—this is a great option for a beginning colorwork project and amusing fun for experienced knitters.
Samples shown include (kits available):
- Bare Naked Wools Modern Deco Sport Chrome with Feederbrook Farm Entropy Sport Hurricane Gradient (Blue-Green) in Petite.
- Bare Naked Wools Modern Deco Sport Carbon Steel (Dark Gray) with Feederbrook Farm Entropy Sugar Maples in Tall.
- Bare Naked Wools Modern Deco Sport Chrome (Light Gray) with Stone Soup Fingering Slate in Petite.
- Bare Naked Wools Modern Deco Sport Titanium (white) with Stone Soup Fingering Pumice in Petite.
- Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size, drape, or yardage requirement.
Check out available kits for Hypnotik here.
Finished Size: 60(68) inches across top edge and 36(42) inches deep along beginning edge (stretched and blocked)
Yarn requirements: Color A (solid): 275(350) yards / Color B (gradient): 275(350) yards
23 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch on larger needles (washed and air-dried)
22 sts and 44 rows = 4 inches in pattern stitch on larger needles (washed and air-dried)
size 6US (4.0 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge
size 5US (3.75 mm) for starting border (or .25 mm smaller than gauge needle)