EKO Certified Organic by Control Union/SKAL & Certified FairTrade. This Fifo is slightly more brown than the Ecobutterfly Fifo used in the 2014 Purple Club Shipment, yet still is classified as a shade of purple. Pakucho cottons are incredibly soft and light, easy to knit, and are a great choice for babies, children, and those with sensitivities.
This yarn has a 10-15% shrinkage in the length if you machine dry it and it may get a bit darker with repeated machine drying. If you want to avoid shrinkage, wash in cool water and lay flat to dry.
- 50g (1.75oz) and 200m (220yds.)
- 6 to 7.5 sts/inch on needles size 2US (2.75 mm) to 3US 3.25 mm)
Sport Yarn Specs:
- 50g/ 135 m (150yds.) average skein
- 5.5 to 6 sts/inch on needle sizes 5US (3.75 mm) to 6US (4.0 mm)
- 50g (1.75oz) and 81m (88yds.)
- 4 to 5 sts/inch on needle sizes 8US (5.0 mm) to 9US (5.5 mm)
NOTE: The colors are more muted then the standard Pakucho yarns, especially the greens. This allows you to keep the color as is or deepen it with hot and/or machine drying. You have the choice! Please keep in mind that if you wash this yarn in hot water or dry it in the machine there is an average shrinkage of 10%-15% in length.